By accessing the Platforms on any computer, mobile phone, tablet, or other device (collectively, “Device”), making a purchase from Silient, or otherwise communicating or interacting with a Silient team member, you agree to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, please do not use the Platforms, make a purchase, or otherwise communicate or interact with Silient.
We may modify this Policy at any time and will post the current version on the Website. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we are using the information we collect.
1. Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information
The following table sets forth the categories of personal information we collect, the source of that personal information, and how we use and share such personal information.
Category of Personal Information Collected
Source of Information
Purpose for Collection
Contact Information: such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or other contact information,
To communicate with you via phone, email and text; to send you, newsletters, information, promotional materials and other offerings that may be of interest to you; when you contact our customer services team to request customer service or support. To validate, confirm, verify, deliver, install, and track your order, including to arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds, maintain a record of the purchases you make, service/replace products you purchased from us
Payment Information: Name, card issuer, and card type, card number, expiration date, CVV code, and billing address.
To check that the right person is using the right card or account and meets the requirements of the card brands or account issuers, and to make sure we are paid for what you buy.
Device Information: If you access our Platforms, we will collect non-persistent information about your computer equipment, device IP address, operating system, browser type, and browsing behavior including the details of your visits to our website, web traffic data, location data, and logs.
From you and from the Platform technology’s interaction with your browser or Device.
We process this information to enable and monitor your use of our websites and services, and to improve those services. We also collect this information to track and understand how you use and interact with our websites and applications, and also to tailor our services around your preferences and to enable us to manage and enhance our services.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. The information we collect automatically may include personal information or aggregated personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. Aggregated personal information does not personally identify you. We may use aggregated personal information such as statistical or demographic information for any purpose, including for statistical analysis and research. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
2. Additional Purposes for Using Personal Information
In addition to the uses set forth above, we may use and share the categories of personal information identified above for the following purposes.
- To comply with applicable legal and regulation requests and obligations.
- To establish or defend legal claims and allegation.
- For security or the prevention, detection, or investigation of fraud; suspected or actual illegal activity.
- To seek advice and consultations from lawyers, auditors, insurance companies, and other professional advisers.
- With potential or actual purchasers of all or part of our business in connection with a business transaction.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. The following are limited circumstances where we share your personal information with third parties. We endeavor to require all service providers that we share personal data about you to provide assurances regarding the confidentiality and security of that information, including to only use such information for the purpose for which it was provided and in accordance with this Policy. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in Policy:
- To third-party vendors, service providers, co-marketing partners, and other third-parties who we use to support our business.
- To contractors or plumbers who may assist you in installing or servicing your products.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users and the purchasers of our products is among the assets transferred.
- To affiliates.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided it.
- For any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your person information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Silient uses commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration.
5. Children’s Privacy
The Platforms are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we will never knowingly collect personal or other information from anyone it knows is under the age of 13. Persons over 13 but under 18 years of age may use the Platforms only in conjunction with and under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
6. Third-Party Websites and Accounts
7. Your Privacy Rights
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You can stop email marketing from us by using the “opt out,” or “unsubscribe” mechanism at the bottom of our email marketing messages. We may give you a choice about stopping just one kind of email or opting out of all email marketing from us. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of your purchase of a product, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
If you want to learn more about the personal information that we have about you, or you would like to update or change that information, or deactivate your account, please contact us by email at email@example.com. We will need enough information to ascertain your identity and the nature of your request. We will aim to respond to your request within one (1) calendar month of receipt of the request. Note that deactivating your account does not cause your account information to be deleted from our servers.
8. Additional Information for California Residents
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit the CCPA privacy notice for California Residents.
9. Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Policy or how we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: [11/30/2023]